TRIPLE H 100.1FM
"Tagumpay" is the Filipino word for success. Radio Tagumpay goes with the philosophy that success is not just about what one has accomplished but also what one inspires others to achieve. The program airs on Mondays from 2 to 4pm. Bilingual [Filipino and English]
The Radio Tagumpay team is composed of Mesdames Violi Calvert, Criz Dang Guce and Jinky Marsh. Each has specific roles to play to deliver a fun, informative and interesting program to listeners. Each scouts a variety of inspiring stories and reports community news for update and information. Among the numerous notable Filipino-Australian artists, community groups, beauty title holders, leaders and government officials who were featured and have guested Radio Tagumpay were Ambassador Minda Calaguian Cruz, former and current Philippine Consul Generals Anne Jalando-on Louis and Maria Teresa L. Taguiang, respectively, Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa, Vivid Sydney curator Ignatius Jones, Broadway theatre star Jose Llana, West End star Joanna Ampil, international theatre actor Mig Ayesa, multi-award winning film producer Baby F. Go, Philippines Robotics Team and Loboc Children's Choir. Radio Tagumpay has produced two musical showcases since its inception in 2015. Funds raised were donated to a Filipino charity Child Dreamers in Tondo as well as to Triple H to help purchase station equipments and broadcasting materials for the program.
Ms Calvert is a recipient of the 2015 Multicultural & Indigenous Media Award for her Coverage of Community Affairs. She is a freelance writer, MEAA Member, radio producer who has been a broadcaster for a decade, initially with Radio Sandigan. Ms Calvert works as the team's program moderator, radio panel controller and social media manager/promoter. She combines the Radio Tagumpay program and her publications both print and online (Kalatas and Filipino-Australian) as platforms to promote up and coming artists and those who excel in various fields of study.
Ms Marsh is a storyteller (Australian Storytelling Guild NSW Inc.), front act artist to various internationally-renown Filipino artists (Lea Salonga, Pilita Corales, Aiza Seguerra, Charice and Christopher de Leon with The Voice Philippines Finalists), radio co-producer, freelance writer, voice artist, national anthem singer (Loboc Children's Choir, Knights of Rizal and Philippine-Australian rugby team TAMARAWS), children's program presenter from Melbourne's 3CR Radio Kabayan (2002) and stage actor (including Rockdale Musical Society Miss Saigon lead role). Ms Marsh moderates the reading session of local youngsters during school holidays who are part of the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge. She trains and supervises the program's local junior media contributors and coordinates with the health practitioner contributors. She is also the sound technician, social media account manager/promoter and rover of the group.
Both Ms Calvert and Ms Marsh are members of the inaugural board of the Kababaihang Rizalista Inc (KRI) - Sydney Chapter. It is the counterpart organisation of the Knights of Rizal which is dedicated to honour and promote the ideals of Philippine National Hero, Dr Jose P Rizal and exhort Filipinos to follow his examples and teachings (Republic Act 646). KRI has chapters in Asia, Germany, Canada, USA and the rest of Europe.
Ms Criz Guce is a highly-respected and versatile singer having performed professionaly in various stages locally and internationally (with notable Hongkong artists Frances Yip, Sammy Chen and Aron Kwok) since her teenage years. She is also a front act artist to overseas Filipino artists (Joey Albert, Jim Paredes and Sheryn Regis) and her passion in performing arts is being extended to various charities in the community and less-fortunate groups of people in the society. Ms Guce has been featured in film "I Love You Goodbye" in the Philippines led by Gabby Concepcion, Derek Ramsay and Angelica Panganiban. Ms Guce is the team's radio panel operator, social media marketer and in charge of Love, Life and Music Segment of the program where she renders a song relevant to the event/occasion being celebrated on the day's program.
Other program segments include Consulate updates, local council news, Philippine news, Meet the Local (guesting of Hornsby Bushland Shire locals of Filipino heritage and interviews by Radio Tagumpay Junior Media contributors), storytelling (featuring Filipino folktales, legends, fables and culture), radio play (highlighting positive and inspiring values towards achievement of success) and Filipino music.
1. Consuls Melanie Rita Diano and Manny Guzman provide weekly updates from the Sydney Philippine Consulate.
2. Hornsby Shire Deputy Mayor Vicente del Gallego provides monthly local updates and encourages community engagement, cultural assimilation/integration among the Filipino-Australians in the community whilst preserving and promoting the Philippine heritage and culture in the society.
3. Health practitioners :
a. Dr Jasper Alquiza is a NSW Health emergency doctor who provide monthly first aid tips and instructions of emergency cases and accidents such as animal bites (snake, spider etc.), drowing, faint and burn.
b. Dr. Marita Garcia is a local General Practitioner who imparts and gives reflections on family matters such as parenting, life, marriage and family values.
c. Jinky Marsh is a local registered dental hygienist and oral health educator both in public and private sector who promotes oral health to listeners especially during World Oral Health Day in March and Oral Health Week in August. Ms Marsh is a 2018 recipient of the Dental Hygienist Association of Australia Community Oral Health Projects Grant. Funds are appropriated to her selected oral health promotion projects to various community groups including the Dental Health Week Competition in Radio Tagumpay program.
4. Ms Nimfa Abe-Oltiveros is a local who provides news on the Philippine government, regional events, weather and foreign exchange rate for information.
5. Junior local media contributors :
a. Klyde Barillo is a 13 year old Year 8 student from Gosford Selective High School who is a 3rd Dan Blackbelter in Taekwondo. He was the highest awardee in Academic Excellence when he graduated in primary years (Hornsby Heights Public school). Klyde together with his two younger siblings, is a chorister in Hornsby Cathedral Parish along and helps their father in the Meals on Wheels community engagement. Klyde enjoys reading books and also take other sport lessons in table tennis, soccer, archery and bowling.
b. Juliana Carvajal is an 8 year old Year 3 student from Waitara Public School who has lived in the Philippines (Cebu) and Singapore prior to moving to Australia. She has shown musical aptitude at a young age (with her singing and composing her own songs) and was influenced by her father who has taught her how to play the guitar. Juliana has sung in various school, private (birthday), community events as well live in Radio Tagumpay program at age 7. Juliana has also been awarded with numerous distinction, merit and achievement awards among which were Gold award in NSW Premier's primary chool sport challenge and Silver award for garnering a Bronze award with five more merits for various school exemplary achievements. Juliana also does badminton and basketball for her sports activities. Baking, cooking and modelling are also her interests. Juliana's favourite subjects in school are Music, Arts and Science.
c. Brendan Co-Elliot is an 11 year old Year 6 student of Our Lady of Rosary Primary School Waitara who is part of the school band and is a chorister both in school and Youth For Christ church group. He is the drummer of a 4 piece band that has been formed recently with his friends. Brendan's favourite subjects are Music and Science. He is currently into reading Harry Potter books and watching its films. He is a big fan of Star Wars, Avengers and D.C. Batman. Other interests include arts and drawing.
d. Cameron Marsh is a 7 year old Year 2 student from Our Lady of Rosary Waitara who likes Math, Science and English subjects. He has earned a Principal award in Kindy while being caring for the environment, a number of Positive Behaviour for Learning awards and a merit award for his works and efforts in English subject (writing in paragraphs) early this year. He enjoys reading the Storey Treehouse series as well as writing or drawing atop a tree at home. Cameron's interests are taekwondo, swimming, meditation, piano music and the periodic table. He admires martial artists Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. His first public appearance was being part of Junior Aladdin musical (Australian Institute of Performing Arts) when he was 4yrs old. He also played the lead role of the Prince in the Kindy presentation of The Frog Prince in his school musical showcase the following year.
6. Ms Pin Montemayor Henry is an original member of Radio Tagumpay team who is currently acting as an occasional Philippine correspondent updating our listeners with news in and around the country. Ms Montemayor Henry is writer, community leader, events producer and broadcaster who has been in radio programming since 2013.
7. Fr Elmer Ibarra, SVD acts as radio panel controller and moderator in times when two members of Radio Tagumpay are not available to attend to the program. Fr Elmer belongs to the Society of the Divine Word who contributes his religous and personal insights on the program's features.
1. Mr Bob Alipalo (2015-2016) : producer, broadcaster, Life Matters Segment and news presenter
2. Consul Malford Angeles (2015-2017) : contributor (Consul, Philippine Consulate Office-Sydney)
3. Ms. Marianne Clare Cuasay (2015) : youth contributor (Music Ministry leader)
4. Ms. Nina Conception (2017) : life coach (Life Matters Segment)
5. Mr Gabby Tanjuan Gonzales (2015) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on Sports and Lifestyle and Director/ Program Producer at ABS CBN Corporation, a broadcast television network in the Philippines)
6. Ms Jewel Lobaton (2016) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on charity news and advocacies and 1998 Bb Pilipinas Universe title holder)
7. Mr Meynard Penalosa (2016) : presenter (theatre actor, director, playwright and voice artist), Inspire Concert 2016 Emcee and sound technician
8. Mr Dan Villanueva a.k.a Papa Dan (2017) : presenter (veteran radio broadcaster with 14 years experience and association with DWLS FM, the flagship of GMA Network Inc., the Philippines largest and leading TV and radio network)