TRIPLE H 100.1FM
"Tagumpay" is the Filipino word for success. Radio Tagumpay goes with the philosophy that success is not just about what one has accomplished but also what one inspires others to achieve. The program airs on Mondays from 2 to 4pm. Bilingual [Filipino and English]
The Radio Tagumpay team is composed of Mesdames Violi Calvert, Criz Dang Guce and Mr Andrew Russell. Each has specific roles to play to deliver a fun, informative and interesting program to listeners. Each scouts a variety of inspiring stories and reports community news for update and information. Among the numerous notable Filipino-Australian artists, community groups, beauty title holders, leaders and government officials who were featured and have guested Radio Tagumpay were Ambassador Minda Calaguian Cruz, former and current Philippine Consul Generals Anne Jalando-on Louis and Maria Teresa L. Taguiang, respectively, Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa, Vivid Sydney curator Ignatius Jones, Broadway theatre star Jose Llana, West End star Joanna Ampil, international theatre actor Mig Ayesa, multi-award winning film producer Baby F. Go, Philippines Robotics Team and Loboc Children's Choir. Radio Tagumpay has produced two musical showcases since its inception in 2015. Funds raised were donated to a Filipino charity Child Dreamers in Tondo as well as to Triple H to help purchase station equipments and broadcasting materials for the program.
Ms Calvert is a recipient of the 2015 Multicultural & Indigenous Media Award for her Coverage of Community Affairs. She is a freelance writer, MEAA Member, radio producer who has been a broadcaster for a decade, initially with Radio Sandigan. Ms Calvert works as the team's program moderator, radio panel controller and social media manager/promoter. She combines the Radio Tagumpay program and her publications both print and online (Kalatas and Filipino-Australian) as platforms to promote up and coming artists and those who excel in various fields of study.
Ms Criz Guce is a highly-respected and versatile singer having performed professionaly in various stages locally and internationally (with notable Hongkong artists Frances Yip, Sammy Chen and Aron Kwok) since her teenage years. She is also a front act artist to overseas Filipino artists (Jose Mari Chan, Joey Albert, Jim Paredes and Sheryn Regis) and her passion in performing arts is being extended to various charities in the community and less-fortunate groups of people in the society.
1. Consuls Melanie Rita Diano and Manny Guzman provide weekly updates from the Sydney Philippine Consulate.
2. Ms Pin Montemayor Henry is an original member of Radio Tagumpay team who is currently acting as the Philippine correspondent updating our listeners with news in and around the country. Ms Montemayor Henry is writer, community leader, events producer and broadcaster who has been in radio programming since 2013.
3. Fr Elmer Ibarra, SVD acts as radio panel controller and moderator in times when two members of Radio Tagumpay are not available to attend to the program. Fr Elmer belongs to the Society of the Divine Word who contributes his religous and personal insights on the program's features.
1. Mr Bob Alipalo (2015-2016) : origianal member of Radio Tagumpay, producer, broadcaster, Life Matters Segment and news presenter
2. Consul Malford Angeles (2015-2017) : contributor (Consul, Philippine Consulate Office-Sydney)
3. Ms. Marianne Clare Cuasay (2015) : youth contributor (Music Ministry leader)
4. Ms. Nina Conception (2017) : life coach (Life Matters Segment)
5. Mr Gabby Tanjuan Gonzales (2015) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on Sports and Lifestyle and Director/ Program Producer at ABS CBN Corporation, a broadcast television network in the Philippines)
6. Ms Jewel Lobaton (2016) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on charity news and advocacies and 1998 Bb Pilipinas Universe title holder)
7. Mr Meynard Penalosa (2016) : presenter (theatre actor, director, playwright and voice artist), Inspire Concert 2016 Emcee and sound technician
8. Mr Dan Villanueva a.k.a Papa Dan (2017) : presenter (veteran radio broadcaster with 14 years experience and association with DWLS FM, the flagship of GMA Network Inc., the Philippines largest and leading TV and radio network)
9. Ms Jinky Marsh (2015-2019) : storyteller, front act artist to various internationally-renown Filipino artists, Radio Tagumpay co-producer, freelance writer, voice artist, children's program presenter from Melbourne's 3CR Radio Kabayan (2002) and stage actor. Ms Marsh moderated the reading session of local youngsters during school holidays who are part of the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge. She trained and supervised the program's local junior media contributors and coordinated with the health practitioner contributors. She has also been the sound technician, social media account manager/promoter, rover and oral health educator contributor during Dental Health Week (August) and World Oral Health Day (March) broadcasts.
10. Health practitioner contributors (2018)
10a. Dr Jasper Alquiza : local emergency doctor from NSW Health who provided monthly first aid tips and instructions of emergency cases and accidents such as animal bites (snake, spider etc.), drowing, faint and burn.
10b. Dr. Marita Garcia : local General Practitioner who imparted and gave reflections on family matters such as parenting, life, marriage and family values.
11. Junior local media contributors who feautred local talents and professionals (doctors, lawyers, teachers and nurses among others) to learn about their life journeys and works. (2017-2018, last update 2018)
11a. Klyde Barillo : 13 year old Year 8 student from Gosford Selective High School who is a 3rd Dan Blackbelter in Taekwondo. He was the highest awardee in Academic Excellence when he graduated in primary years (Hornsby Heights Public school). Klyde together with his two younger siblings, is a chorister in Hornsby Cathedral Parish along and helps their father in the Meals on Wheels community engagement. Klyde enjoys reading books and also take other sport lessons in table tennis, soccer, archery and bowling.
11b. Juliana Carvajal : 8 year old Year 3 student from Waitara Public School who has lived in the Philippines (Cebu) and Singapore prior to moving to Australia. She has shown musical aptitude at a young age (with her singing and composing her own songs) and was influenced by her father who has taught her how to play the guitar. Juliana has sung in various school, private (birthday), community events as well live in Radio Tagumpay program at age 7. Juliana has also been awarded with numerous distinction, merit and achievement awards among which were Gold award in NSW Premier's primary chool sport challenge and Silver award for garnering a Bronze award with five more merits for various school exemplary achievements. Juliana also does badminton and basketball for her sports activities. Baking, cooking and modelling are also her interests. Juliana's favourite subjects in school are Music, Arts and Science.
11c. Brendan Co-Elliot : 11 year old Year 6 student of Our Lady of Rosary Primary School Waitara who is part of the school band and a chorister both in school and Youth For Christ church group. He is the drummer of a 4 piece band that has been formed recently with his friends. Brendan's favourite subjects are Music and Science. He is currently into reading Harry Potter books and watching its films. He is a big fan of Star Wars, Avengers and D.C. Batman. Other interests include arts and drawing.
11d. Cameron Marsh : 7 year old Year 2 student from Our Lady of Rosary Waitara who likes Math, Science and English subjects. He has earned a Principal award in Kindy while being caring for the environment, a number of Positive Behaviour for Learning awards and a merit award for his works and efforts in English subject (writing in paragraphs) early this year. Cameron's interests are taekwondo, reading, swimming, meditation, piano/clarinet playing and the periodic table. He admires martial artists Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. His first public appearance was being part of Junior Aladdin musical (Australian Institute of Performing Arts) when he was 4yrs old. He also played the lead role of the Prince in the Kindy presentation of The Frog Prince in his school musical showcase the following year.
12. Ms Nimfa Abe-Oltiveros (2017-2018) : local resident who provided news on the Philippine government, regional events, weather and foreign exchange rate for information.