TRIPLE H 100.1FM
"Tagumpay" is the Filipino word for success. Radio Tagumpay goes with the philosophy that success is not just about what one has accomplished but also what one inspires others to achieve. The program airs on Mondays from 2 to 4pm.
The Radio Tagumpay team is composed of Mesdames Violi Calvert, Josephine Montemayor, Jinky Marsh and Criz Dang Guce. Each has specific roles to play to deliver a fun, informative and interesting program to listeners. Each scouts a variety of inspiring stories and reports community news for update and information.
Ms Calvert is a recipient of the 2015 Multicultural & Indigenous Media Award for her Coverage of Community Affairs. She is a freelance writer, MEAA Member, radio producer and has been a broadcaster for more than 6 years, initially with Radio Sandigan. She combines the Radio Tagumpay program and her publications both print and online (Kalatas and Filipino-Australian) as platforms to promote up and coming artists and those who excel in various fields of study.
Ms Montemayor is a writer, community leader, events producer and broadcaster who has been in radio programming since 2013. Pin is currently acting as Philippine correspondent updating our listeners with news in and around the country.
Ms Marsh is a storyteller (Australian Storytelling Guild NSW Inc.), front act artist to various overseas Filipino artists, freelance writer, voice artist, children's program radio presenter from Melbourne's 3CR Radio Kabayan and stage actor. Jinky moderates the reading session of local youngsters during school holidays who are part of the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge. She also trains and supervises the program's local junior media contributors.
Ms Criz Guce is a highly-respected and versatile singer having performed professionaly in various stages locally and internationally since her teenage years. Her passion in performing arts is also being extended to various charities in the community and less-fortunate groups of people in the society. Criz is in charge of Love, Life and Music Segment of the program where she renders a song relevant to the event/occasion being celebrated on the day's program.
Other program segments include Consulate News, Filipino news, Meet the Local (guesting of Hornsby Bushland Shire locals of Filipino heritage), storytelling (featuring Filipino folktales, legends, fables and culture), radio play (highlighting positive and inspiring values towards achievement of success) and Filipino music.
1. Consuls Melanie Rita Diano and Manny Guzman provide updates from the Sydney Philippine Consulate.
2. Health practitioners :
a. Dr. Taciano Bantatua, Jr is a local General Practitioner who was a founding member of the Philippine Australian Medical Association. He provides information on health events as per World Health Organisation's Health Day lists.
b. Dr. Marita Garcia is a local General Practitioner who imparts and gives reflections on family matters such as parenting, life, marriage and family values.
c. Jinky Marsh is a local registered dental hygienist and oral health educator both in public and private sector who promotes oral health to listeners especially during World Oral Health Day in March and Oral Health Week in August.
3. Junior local media contributors :
a. Klyde Barillo
b. Juliana Carvajal
c. Brendan Co-Elliot
d. Cameron Marsh is a 7 year old Year 2 student from Our Lady of Rosary Waitara who likes Math and English subjects. He recently received a merit award for his works and efforts in English subject (writing in paragraphs). He has earned a Principal award in Kindy while being caring for the environment. He is amazed with trees and enjoys being on the swing under tree at home and climbing on it. Cameron goes for swimming, piano and taekwondo lessons. He admires martial artists Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. His first public appearance was being part of Junior Aladdin musical (Australian Institute of Performing Arts) when he was 4yrs old. He played the lead role of the Prince in the Kindy presentation of The Frog Prince in his school musical showcase.
TAGUMPAY SISTER RADIO PROGRAM : Tagumpay Musika airs every Sundays 9pm to 12midnight presented by Fr Elmer I. Ibarra playing original Filipino music or covers with Filipino indie artists.
1. Mr Bob Alipalo (2015-2016) : producer, broadcaster, Life Matters Segment and news presenter
2. Consul Malford Angeles (2015-2017) : contributor (Consul, Philippine Consulate Office-Sydney)
3. Ms. Nina Conception (2017) : life coach (Life Matters Segment)
4. Mr Gabby Tanjuan Gonzales (2015) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on Sports and Lifestyle and Director/ Program Producer at ABS CBN Corporation, a broadcast television network in the Philippines)
5. Ms Jewel Lobaton (2016) : contributor (Philippine correspondent on charity news and advocacies and 1998 Bb Pilipinas Universe title holder)
6. Mr Meynard Penalosa (2016) : presenter (theatre actor, director, playwright and voice artist), Inspire Concert 2016 Emcee and sound technician
7. Mr Dan Villanueva a.k.a Papa Dan (2017) : presenter (veteran radio broadcaster with 14 years experience and association with DWLS FM, the flagship of GMA Network Inc., the Philippines largest and leading TV and radio network)